The new faction base limit and alts.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by megeladon321, May 11, 2019.

?

Agree?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. megeladon321

megeladon321 Well-Known Member
    Mist Necromancer Orchid Inferno Pilot Tropico Wyrm Blizzard -= Hero + =- Buccaneer Guard

IGN:
    Megeladon321
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Indigo
    First, I'm going to start off by saying there is definitely an issue with the alts. Spirit is overloaded with alts that shouldn't be on; however, changing the base size was futile when another feature could be added instead. Changing the base size limit to 15x15 is a massive hit to base factions. Many bases need to be larger to maximize profits from igs because the best way to make money is make a 3x3 tp grinder per box. Top factions have bases that are around 23x23. Personally, my base is a 23x23, and we need to share it with a buddy. With this change, a 15x15 base is just 43% of a 23x23.

My suggestion is to take a different approach to this issue. Instead of nerfing the base size, increase the alt range. If the alt range is increased so it can afk with a y range of 256, it will allow bases with tp grinders to cut their alts in half. Currently, two alts are in one box because of tp grinders, but with this change, only one alt will be needed. This will allow the planet to have less players so others can join the planet.

An unpopular and controversial approach to this problem if increasing the range isn't possible, is to add afking blocks. These blocks could be placed in your box to afk the grinders with the same range as I stated earlier. It would allow alts to not be on all the time, and this will allow more space in the planet. If this is too overpowered, the blocks range could be smaller and could be expensive to achieve. This is definitely controversial, so I believe that the first approach I stated before is the better option.

2. TylerScopes

TylerScopes Member
    Tropico Hero Scribe Scorcher Archmage Beastslayer -= Guardian + =- FlowerKing Glacier Demonlord

IGN:
    TylerScopes
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Poontang
    nothing will happen the base limit will not be increased. For 16 3x3 boxes in a 15x15 base you need 32 alts so if you have a 23x23 base you will you will need roughly 70+ alts to afk one base. Now think if there are multiple base factions for example, the next map on jungle that would be about 350 alts just to run 5 bases. This then only leave 150 slots for actual players to join the planet. Even if they would consider increasing the afk radius this would mean that there would still be 175 ish alts on

3. CraftOfBattle

CraftOfBattle Well-Known Member
    Paladin Vanguard Shipwrecked Sandstormer Acolyte -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= Executioner + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- Buccaneer -= Archmage + =- Glacier Commander Cosmonaut Daisy

IGN:
    CraftOfBattle
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    TrapNation
    It has already been confirmed by the Admins that they cannot increase the range of spawners that an ALT can reach to AFK.

And about the AFK block, I like the concept but there is still a big possibility that people cba to pay the price the blocks are going for (especially if they would need multiple) and just use regular players like usual.

4. megeladon321

Mist Necromancer Orchid Inferno Pilot Tropico Wyrm Blizzard -= Hero + =- Buccaneer Guard

IGN:
    Megeladon321
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Indigo
    How about making it like collection chests in the /shop?

5. CraftOfBattle

CraftOfBattle Well-Known Member
    Paladin Vanguard Shipwrecked Sandstormer Acolyte -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= Executioner + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- Buccaneer -= Archmage + =- Glacier Commander Cosmonaut Daisy

IGN:
    CraftOfBattle
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    TrapNation
    But then everyone could get them, and if this were to be implemented I think it should be a rare item.

6. Donwee8

Donwee8 Well-Known Member
    Survivor Sprite Tropico Apprentice Dragon

IGN:
    donwee88
    People could just place them in the wild and lag out the server

7. megeladon321

IGN:
    Megeladon321
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Indigo
    It would only log in spawners and the drops from the spawners.

8. xTiqer_

xTiqer_ Well-Known Member
    Mist Spectre Vine Pyro Seedling Guardian Apprentice -= Hero + =- Hatchling Glacier

IGN:
    Bobbbbb
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Ssssss
    According to @ypperin they cannot increase the afk range because malicious players will log their alts on and do /wilderness and crash the server by overloading chunks

9. CriticalyDroppin

Mist Mercenary Warlock Hero Shard Scorcher Guardian -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =-

IGN:
    Crit_
    Planet:
    Jungle
    Faction:
    GoodLuck
    Making it a rare item would defeat the objective of removing alts from the server, yes it will benefit lots of people but its something that can be implimented to stop the player count going so high

10. Toyy

Toyy Member
    Pyro Hero -= Guardian + =- FlowerKing Freezer

IGN:
    Toy_
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Capitalism
    Your first suggestion would drop the TPS to god damn low it wouldn't be worth to play. I kinda like the idea of a limit of 15x15 it reduces the amount of players using a base. I liked when it was 1 faction per base, currently it's average around 2-3 and that's lame.

11. megeladon321

IGN:
    Megeladon321
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Indigo
    Why would it drop the tps? People already have two alts per box. Making it one alt would just have the same purpose but uses less alts.

12. megeladon321

IGN:
    Megeladon321
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Indigo
    So do you suggest a cheaper price? I don't disagree with you, but a lot of people will think it's overpowered. I'm fine with a cheap price though.

13. ypperin

ypperin Community Manager
    Administrator

Planet:
    Lava/Ice
    Faction:
    Evo
    This is why the information was added with the note that we were looking at a means to ensure you could still have the same cash abilities as you currently do with larger bases just in a smaller location.

Increasing chunk loading abilities of alts means opening the door to malicious exploitation (think hundreds of alts all loading 5x5 radiuses resulting in lag)

Imagine the exploitation a malicious player could do with this?

Remember that in loading chunks you're increasing strain on the server. You have to load the chunk and all that is in it for that chunk to operate properly. Picture the qty of chunks that get loaded at the start of the map and how quickly first reboot comes..... now imagine someone with malicious intent having access to the ability to simply just place a block (even if a small radius) and they can do that hundreds, if not, thousands of times simply through scripting

14. megeladon321

IGN:
    Megeladon321
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Indigo
    Could possible solution to these players that have malicious intent is to just make the blocks load in spawners, water, lava, and their drops. This would make it difficult for these players to try to lag the server. Thanks for the response.

15. SavagePlayz

SavagePlayz Member

Planet:
    Dragon
    Faction:
    Paranormal
    I like the update because that prevents multiple factions from sharing a base making it so that multiple factions don’t dominate the server (being unraidable).

16. ulol60

ulol60 Active Member
    Pixie -= DemonLord + =- -= Fantasy + =- -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    Ulol60
    Planet:
    Dream
    Faction:
    WeDemboyzz
    Like your idea very much! we got a 25x25 base on Lava right now and as the map progress we also have bunny masks and they only work in the chunk their own chunk so it becomes a lot of alts. Like we got 49 3x3 boxes all are being afked some with mushrooms/ghast/creepers too so 100 alts. that is without bunny masks I know several of those boxes with 9 bunny maks and 1 alt at the bottom so 10 alts for a 3x3 box xD The boxes i know of that have 9 bunny masks are like 4 and some other boxes have 1-6 so If they add that alts afk 256y we can still keep the base sizes and aim for higher f top/f wealth records than just having a Small 15x15 base :p Make so bunny masks afk a bigger radius like 32 in each direction and normal alts after 256 blocks in every direction to make the uses of alts WAY smaller.

17. ulol60

ulol60 Active Member

IGN:
    Ulol60
    Planet:
    Dream
    Faction:
    WeDemboyzz
    **You need atleast 100mil spawner value to use this object in this chunk** "The AFK block" Drops from Koth, Soul demons, Leg chest+, Dungeon lootbags

18. ulol60

ulol60 Active Member

IGN:
    Ulol60
    Planet:
    Dream
    Faction:
    WeDemboyzz
    People can still be raided Make a cannon box with 2 minechats and force raid people Or attempt to raid them or Psudoe nuke them and eventually the lazy members will give up and the Members that do all the stuff will stop patching so much cause none other of the member aka the lazy members will patch