PvP is no longer fun.

Discussion in 'General' started by Tact, Apr 3, 2019.

Tags:
?

Should PvP be revamped? Compared to continuing down it's current trend.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tact

Tact Member
    Guardian -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- Glacier

IGN:
    Tact
    Planet:
    Lava
    Faction:
    Exeo
    This is a rant, but it is also a very important discussion that the community needs to have; how should PvP be made fun again?

This is without a doubt THE most important question posed to Cosmic, and as someone who is very intertwined with the community... I can also vouch for this being universally urgent across all planets, PvP is no longer fun. But I believe it can be remedied.

As such, to bring about change... It is important for the community to rally together and make our voices heard through supporting the ideas that will instigate the change that we so very need.

I can tell you now, I don't have the recipe for this particular ailment, all I have are complaints that I believe to represent the pvp'ing community's opinion as a whole, but I promote feedback and would love for community polls to more adequately display the majority vote in our search to find the solution.

PvP is either way to fast, or way to slow.

This is a result of mortal coil, Heroic gear(Red leather)/Leather(Mkit) sets, Maverick, and Godly Enchants.

COMPLAINTS (Suggest good things, and I'll throw them in, this shouldn't be decided by one person, but rather by the community)

- PvP is either way to fast, or way to slow.

This is a result of mortal coil, Heroic gear(Red leather)/Leather(Mkit) sets, Maverick, and Godly Enchants.

- If you fight an opponent with mortal coil 5 and aren't using a lover's mask, you will lose even if you have a maxed phantom (With all heroic enchants). But once there are a lot of lover's masks in the economy, those with strong special sets are left uncontested because Mkit has no chance too out-damage through a lovers mask.

- Red leather special set fights take way too long,

- Not enough pvp, because sets are too hard for the average player to obtain.. the result of this is that players have to wait hours between fights.. and for a server designed for pvp, this is less than ideal.

- There is a gross set imbalance, where one group or faction owns the vast majority of good gear.

POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS (Suggest good things, and I'll throw them in, this shouldn't be decided by one person, but rather by the community)

- A mkit set-bonus that negates masks, not connected to Necro/Mortal Coil.

- Mkit should have to be used in a set. (Like Necro, Ghost, and DK)

- Phoenix/Feathers proc far to often, and the probability should be decreased by 2-3x.

- Special sets should negate damage to those in red leather.

Or an armor upgrade that increases your damage to red leather, although this solution is a bit of a half measure in my opinion.

- Make it so special sets are more readily available/easier to create, possibly through a much needed revamp to Cosmic crates (from bosses), bosses, and koth loot. (Also there needs to be less money inputted into the economy through cc's)
    Keep in mind that the aim of this is to create a discussion to better pvp, and ultimately improve the server. I beg you to please be constructive! Instead of trying to recreate the past, let's aim to better the future. Nostalgia is often the enemy of progress.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 10
  2. heroscall

heroscall New Member

IGN:
    heroscall
    Planet:
    Lava
    Faction:
    WeeWooGang
    Phoenixed myself to reflective block against someone in dragon.
    +1

3. RoboPvPOG

RoboPvPOG Member
    Mist Pixie Scorcher -= Tropico + =- -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    Roboo
    Planet:
    Lava
    Faction:
    BadRep
    Put silence how it used to be
    make something that kills kids in dragon, possibly a heroic silence which acts how old silence worked and also has a 25% chance to bypass dragon silence

4. RoboPvPOG

RoboPvPOG Member
    Mist Pixie Scorcher -= Tropico + =- -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    Roboo
    Planet:
    Lava
    Faction:
    BadRep
    Make an upgrade that can be applied to normal iron armor that makes it a white leather piece that does more dmg to red leather ez

5. ImFireBall

ImFireBall Cosmic Client v2.0 Beta Tester
    <= Beta Tester => Paladin Nomad Traveler Pleb Pirate Pharoh -= Witcher + =- Archmage -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= FlowerKing + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- Fairy Executioner Glacier Captain Demonlord Cosmonaut

IGN:
    ImFireBall
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    Remove mkit sets.
    Remove Dragon set
    Make holy's only apply able to a peice of gear 2 times
    Remove Masks.
    Nerf Reflective block
    Make souls Harder to get

Pvp Fixed.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. ImFireBall

ImFireBall Cosmic Client v2.0 Beta Tester
    <= Beta Tester => Paladin Nomad Traveler Pleb Pirate Pharoh -= Witcher + =- Archmage -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= FlowerKing + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- Fairy Executioner Glacier Captain Demonlord Cosmonaut

IGN:
    ImFireBall
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    Main thing that puts money into the economy is Dungeon lootbags, They need to be nerfed by around 50%.

7. RainbowZ

RainbowZ Member
    Mist Leaf Pilot Hero -= DemonLord + =- -= Scorcher + =- Fantasy Hatchling

IGN:
    Rainburz
    Planet:
    Dream
    Faction:
    Fam/United
    crazy how when u step out of your base and dungeon u realize something people have been saying for almost (coming up to) a year now

8. firehead313

firehead313 Member
    Mercenary Inferno Pixie Hero Rosy Blizzard Glacier

IGN:
    firehead313
    Planet:
    Legacy
    Faction:
    Google
    Very true, they give mad $$$
    A couple things you need to keep in mind:

1. Legacy was created to bring back the old pvp, and tbh, it has worked out pretty well
    2. There are other ways to drop people rather than swinging your sword. How about you... got an outpost that gives extra damage output to people in heroic, and maybe you use a hero killer axe? I heard that some people got dropped by those before
    3. Was this essay your college application? The language you used was far too rich.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. BlueBerryCow

BlueBerryCow Member
    Orchid Knight Hydra Tropico Voidwalker Scorcher Archmage -= Scorcher + =- -= Guardian + =- Glacier Demonlord

IGN:
    blueberrycow
    Planet:
    demon
    Faction:
    cactusclan
    even with trainee outpost, you still do negative to people in full heroic special.
    hero killer does no damage.

i suggest adding the ability to apply solitude to axes to make them more relevant or add more heroic sword enchants to offset the amount of defensive heroic enchants. there are far too many enchants that make your gear tank and not enough that do damage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Loxtech

Loxtech Cosmic Client v2.0 Beta Tester
    <= Beta Tester => Mercenary King QuarterMaster Pleb Archmage -= Tropico + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- Freezer Dragon Daisy

IGN:
    Loxtech
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    Crazy how ur fac got u a pc from selling for irl

• Kappa Kappa x 2
  11. TakeMyL

TakeMyL Member
    Paladin Vanguard Bamboo -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- Glacier

IGN:
    imurs
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Ravens
    My idea of fixing PvP is pretty similar to yours.

1. They should definitely nerf the number of armor points that heroic armor gives you. You tank way too much in red leather currently.
    2. Make it so mastery enchants only work if you are wearing at least 3/4th mkit (I feel like it only working if you are wearing full mkit would be a little too much considering how often full mkit gets 2 shot)
    3. Remove lovers mask
    4. Nerf Pheonix
    5. Nerf Rocket Escape / Rebuff Silence

Overall, I feel like being in heroic gear should be an advantage, like having Planetary Deathbringer as opposed to regular Deathbringer. It shouldn't put you on a whole different playing field where it is extremely difficult to die.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Banjo

Banjo Member

IGN:
    BanjoPaterson
    Planet:
    Apoc
    Faction:
    FlexTape
    Who remembers Crazyyyyy

• RIP RIP x 1
  13. Lucifire_

Lucifire_ Member
    Lavamob Hero Scribe Beastslayer -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= Scorcher + =- FlowerKing Glacier Elf

IGN:
    Lucifire_
    The only thing wrong with pvp is heroic, dragon, and silence being ass.

14. Mark_brandt

Mark_brandt Member
    Guardian -= DemonLord + =- -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    Mark_brandt
    I think they need to remove mortal n nerf leather

15. WooKingPlayz

WooKingPlayz Member
    Mist Pilot Shard Adventurer Ash -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- Ghoul Elf

IGN:
    Punda
    Planet:
    Dragon
    Faction:
    Quit
    Pvp is stupid. Like I understand that Cosmic is a business, but everything is way too expensive now and unless your rich as ****, you won’t be able to get good gear like others

16. MasterRayFTW

MasterRayFTW Well-Known Member
    Orchid Journeyman Phantom Witcher Hero Sandstormer Scorcher Guardian -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- Explorer Freezer Glacier Drifter Demonlord Cosmonaut

IGN:
    Ray
    Planet:
    Quit facs
    Faction:
    Pce all
    you play?

17. Gxbba

Gxbba New Member
    Mist Journeyman Knight Leaf Pixie Rosy -= Scorcher + =- Hatchling

IGN:
    Gxbba
    This is my list tell me what you think.

TL;DR
    Vkits were balanced on release so was the OG diamond phantom, yeti and yijki. Like Tact said Mkits, heroic gear, heroic enchants and ill add in mastery enchants and masks are all f*cked, pvp should be fun not me getting screwed behind by 5 people in lovers.

Issues in pvp

1. Heroic enchants
    - Way to much sustain and damage, its makes pvp not fun which is the issue. Nobody wants to be fighting somebody else for 30 minutes just because they were lucky or spent some money and got a few purple enchants
    - Non pvp related enchants are great, master inquisitve for example is fine. It doesnt give an OP advantage.

2. Leather Sets
    - Nerf the strength of leather it is to much, the tankiness and the durability is disgusting, when this happens a nerf or removal of repair gaurd would also be nice as there is no reason for the enchant and pvp should be more skill based and you shouldnt be able to fix while 7 people are on you instead get away or play smart.

3. Mastery Enchants
    - There shouldnt be a mask which sells for the same as a cc late season to negate 1 enchant. I'm not sure who thought mastery enchants were a good idea but I'm disapointed.

4. Mkits
    No, just no, why are they in the game. Vkits were awesome, they were balanaced and you had to wait and progress through the season to level them up and get better gear and items. Vkits were a great addition but all not including lucky are trash. A fix could be if mastery lethal and heroic enchants are ignored would be to change some of them. Pheonix, troll and ogre are useless. There is no point of owning either 3, Giving these 3 a 50% chance to get gold/leather gear/weapons and a chance for mastery or heroic enchants would be good.

Fixes

- Buff vkits
    - Remove mkits when the planet resets.
    - idk its so bad at this point

Personally I found pvp fun around the release of yeti/phantom/yijki

These sets when diamond were fair. They were decently hard to obtain and not disgustingly op. Soul enchants were good and balanced.

I think for pvp to be fair the gap between the new or casual players sets and the 24/7 no lifes have to be shrunk. I shouldn't 2 weeks into a map not be able to do a boss becuase I will get jumped by 5 Badrep members (specfically Turx(**** you Turx)) (Lava Planet) who are all in lovers and full heroic phantom. I'm not sure what the fix is but there are a hell of a lot of issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Thijs

Thijs Cosmic Client v2.0 Beta Tester
    <= Beta Tester => Necromancer Journeyman Phantom Tropico Pixie Hero Scorcher -= Scorcher + =- Explorer Guard Glacier Ghoul Commander Captain Dragon Daisy

IGN:
    iFistPvP
    Planet:
    Lava
    Faction:
    Kaas
    Vaq loves the power creep, so things will keep going up.

19. Electro_Knight99

IGN:
    ElectroTheApe
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    GoodLuck
    Legacy has not worked out good at all barely anyone plays there was so much hype for no reason

• Like Like x 1
  20. MrWhalePenguin

MrWhalePenguin Well-Known Member
    Paladin Mist Spirit Rosy Sandstormer Archmage Artisan Beastslayer -= Tropico + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- FirstMate Explorer Executioner Commander Commander Dragon Drifter Demonlord

Planet:
    League
    Faction:
    League
    gOpLaYlEgAcY!