Poll about Cosmic’s Player Base

Discussion in 'General' started by Masterville, Sep 17, 2019.

?

What Ruined Cosmics Player Base?

1. Combining Planets

12.7%
  2. Release of Heroic Gear, Mkit, or Masks.

50.7%
  3. Became too P2W With Lootboxes and OP /cc’s

57.7%
  4. The Community Did Not Die Due to Cosmic

22.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SplitUrBae

SplitUrBae Member
    Orchid Tropico Hero Guardian -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    SplitUrBae
    It's partly that there aren't any new players coming in, but also that the game just isn't as inviting as it used to be cause its just so hard for a new player to make a name for themselves. Back when insiding was allowed it prevented people from making massive factions and pretty much breaking the game as well as allowing new players to make a name for themselves. Now though if you're trying to get into the game no massive fac will take you cause nobody takes noobs and if you try to do anything significant, some fac with like 100 members is gonna screw you and act like pro gamers about it. PvP basically just comes down to some big fac 10v1ing people at this point and understanding raiding is pretty much completely inaccessible for new players with the 5 or so years they've got to catch up on, so they got no chance with that side of the game either.

There's also no youtubers playing anymore for a lot of the same reasons honestly, most who still play moved on to Skyblock cause raiding isn't that much fun for them anymore, it's not like back when you could just put the time in and have a fair chance, you have almost no chance on Cosmic, and on other servers you basically just get carried and all you do is help stop people from patching.

Honestly, if I was a new player at this point I wouldn't put the time into the game either. It's just not a fun game anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SplitUrBae

SplitUrBae Member
    Orchid Tropico Hero Guardian -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    SplitUrBae
    Cosmic just doesn't work as a competitive game. I can put an alt at a checkwall and have that on one of my monitors, and as long as I'm online, you won't be able to raid me cause I'll know instantly. Couple this with massive facs + regens and most bases are unraidable. This is why comp servers are more popular, I'm not saying cosmic should try to be one but factions from actual competitive servers would break the game.

3. Masterville

Masterville Member
    -= Hero + =- FlowerKing

IGN:
    Masterville
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Limitless
    Imagine how many people cosmic would get if they got some youtubers to play, even if they had to pay them.

4. bondy007

bondy007 Well-Known Member
    Vine Scorcher Artisan -= Executioner + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Archmage + =- Ghoul

IGN:
    Bondy007
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Cartel
    i reckon easily over 10k people playing

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. thedragon77_

thedragon77_ Member

IGN:
    thedragon77_
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Masterville stfu, ur p2w lol. Btw Suspected was trash faction this season.

6. Masterville

Masterville Member
    -= Hero + =- FlowerKing

IGN:
    Masterville
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Limitless
    I haven’t p2w since 2016 lol. And I was in Limitless this season not Suspected.

7. Derpinpyro

Derpinpyro Active Member
    Mist Mercenary Sandstormer Scorcher Apprentice -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= Hero + =- Fiend Elf Daisy

IGN:
    Derpinpyro
    Planet:
    Alien
    Faction:
    WhySoSalty
    t
    u say that its cause there was no comp but in reality the factions like mayhem who went p2w moved to the planets they went to and the other facs which moved for pvp / to fight against woofless realised that they do nothing but sit in there base and maybe pvp for 1-2hrs a season that they recorded on. they never went out in sets just to outposts and cf'd the older seasons had the admin shop and dps which at the time where relatively rare and u used to want to watch that content but the recent videos is just woofless "buying" stuff off the store making stuff but never wearing said stuff apart from scripted events like dungeons where they cant lose em.

8. Derpinpyro

Derpinpyro Active Member
    Mist Mercenary Sandstormer Scorcher Apprentice -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= Hero + =- Fiend Elf Daisy

IGN:
    Derpinpyro
    Planet:
    Alien
    Faction:
    WhySoSalty
    cosmic peaked at around 6-8k players a day wen youtubers were active it was the serious p2w that killed the server the fact youtubers not playing there Own server doesnt help but the main issue imo is you can get nuts sets out of lootboxes theres no real challenge to getting a good set anymore most power facs get banned early map or get screwed by 1 person being banned (leader with all accs for buffers or smt) but planet wars also didnt help cause of specific circumstances such as oh i moved planets to get away from a fac thats dossing me but because of the planet merge they can now hit me / my fac off again i dont wanna play this server anymore cause of this (hypothetical) but yeh thats my opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Masterville

Masterville Member
    -= Hero + =- FlowerKing

IGN:
    Masterville
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Limitless
    I like this.

10. Derpinpyro

Derpinpyro Active Member

IGN:
    Derpinpyro
    Planet:
    Alien
    Faction:
    WhySoSalty
    thanks i've been playing since the beginning like map 1 alien i've seen all the shifts in playerbases and wat caused them to leave or come bk lol

11. bondy007

Vine Scorcher Artisan -= Executioner + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Archmage + =- Ghoul

IGN:
    Bondy007
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Cartel
    I think with you tuber rank there should be more youtubers and twitch people with the ranks . With that happening I can see cosmic peaking in players. The more people with YouTube and twitch rank the more people they will reach out to

12. Masterville

Masterville Member
    -= Hero + =- FlowerKing

IGN:
    Masterville
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Limitless
    Map 1 Goodness here :).

13. Derpinpyro

Derpinpyro Active Member

IGN:
    Derpinpyro
    Planet:
    Alien
    Faction:
    WhySoSalty
    the thing with that is most cosmicpvp youtubers peak 1k subs to -5k they dont have the gravity or the audience to make a change

14. bondy007

IGN:
    Bondy007
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Cartel
    i reckon it could make a change but people have different opinions

15. Derpinpyro

Derpinpyro Active Member

IGN:
    Derpinpyro
    Planet:
    Alien
    Faction:
    WhySoSalty
    no i agree getting more youtubers would make a change but people that come from cosmic watch cosmic god kills on these channels they arent known for anything else on cosmic but if a bigger streamer / youtuber was introduced to the community say the people from h2m with a much larger platform that would bring back players.

16. grubGG

grubGG Member
    Mist Journeyman Phantom Slayer Guardian Acolyte -= Tropico + =- -= Survivor + =- -= Dragon + =- Ember Daisy

Cosmic PVP may have lost players, But cosmic as a whole have increased in player

17. TacoKingFTW

TacoKingFTW Member
    Mercenary Sprite Scorcher Guard

Planet:
    La+va
    In my experience it was a mix of fortnite and bases becoming OP that made a bunch of pvp factions quit

18. Tanoshimou

Tanoshimou Member

IGN:
    Tanoshimou
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Ravens
    exaclty!

19. Derpinpyro

Derpinpyro Active Member

IGN:
    Derpinpyro
    Planet:
    Alien
    Faction:
    WhySoSalty
    the most active season with the best content was probably forgotten from woofless / preston

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bondy007

IGN:
    Bondy007
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Cartel
    honestly wouldnt mind seeing rob n there lot doing a series lol

• Like Like x 1