-===Legacy Map 2===-

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sharings, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Agree?

1. Si

41 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. ItsZeus

ItsZeus Member
    Tropico

IGN:
    Pepzii
    Planet:
    Jungle
    Faction:
    TheWatch
    fine then i'll come play...

2. Sharings

Sharings Member
    Mercenary Pixie Hero Scorcher FlowerKing Glacier

Faction:
    Potatos
    This is what I mean lmao

3. WannaPop

WannaPop New Member

I don't know... Maybe if Everyone wasn't allied to each other maybe it will be more fun

4. grubGG

grubGG Member
    Mist Journeyman Phantom Slayer Guardian Acolyte -= Tropico + =- -= Survivor + =- -= Dragon + =- Ember Daisy

Perfect! Lets get Rob and Preston on legacy! They can open 3 of every cc's and new lootboxes! Then, We can add them a bedrock base so no one can raid them! Perfect!!!

5. Sharings

Sharings Member

Faction:
    Potatos
    That too, maybe a ally limit idk

6. Sharings

Sharings Member

Faction:
    Potatos
    It’s business :salt:

7. ShowUp

ShowUp Member
    Mist Merchant Mercenary Mage Hero Rosy Scorcher -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- Freezer Elf Heartless

Planet:
    Jungle
    Faction:
    Simple
    @ypperin

8. ypperin

ypperin Community Manager
    Administrator

Planet:
    Jungle
    Legacy was advertised heavily and had more than 1000 players in the hub on release. Players were upset they couldn't get on .... remember? :thinking:

We did that with Apocalypse and the outcome was no different.

Look when talking Legacy here are the issues she faces:
    1. Players want an OG planet but cannot agree on what IS OG
    2. Players want the nostalgia of "OG" but forget what it was actually like back in the OG days
    3. Players don't like to grind like they did in older days, days when even pvp factions had bases
    4. PvP'ers don't like having to build bases to establish themselves in gear and don't understand many of the base defenses required
    5. PvP'ers don't like having to grind for a set - even a starter set. The idea of hitting blazes is now foreign to them
    6. PvP'ers don't like having to rely on base factions or help base factions to be able to partake in such things
    7. There's far less events, so much of what "filled" their time on the normal planets doesn't exist here, like dungeons
    8. Players are not willing to add to extra features because they don't want to change the economy but they also want to add new features because "they're bored"
    9. Back in the old days you could p2w all the way, from mcMMO to Power and more. Players on Legacy are upset about a lootbox
    10. This is just my top 10 I could go on

This is actually quite comical. If you're really OG you WILL remember the true OG factions, power factions and alliance webs like the UF, where 25% of Ice's physical map was claimed by a giant alliance web that didn't allow anyone to PvP. When we did staff events staff had to leave their factions cause nobody could kill them.

OG Factions was full of "Power facs" who absolutely dominated the map. People like OG Rascals, OG UF, just to name a couple. Your memory of OG Cosmic is very skewed my friend.

Not sure you even play, but we did that, on Nebula and HCF. It did nothing.

Well back in the OG days they actually typically were unraidable. Jungle map 2 they had a warzone around their base that made it so that if players walked in they were instantly frozen. They were still learning at them time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hallehhh

Hallehhh Active Member
    Orchid Tropico Slayer Guardian Basilisk -= Scorcher + =- Glacier Demonlord

IGN:
    WtfBro
    What is your opinion on ally limits or something along those lines? I think that would have helped legacy alot.

• eZ eZ x 1
  10. ypperin

Administrator

Planet:
    Jungle
    1. Definitely NOT OG
    2. PvP'ers right now will not PvP without a large group of alliances/truces
    3. Wouldn't change the outcome they'd just party up w mcMMO or not play at all because they don't want to be outnumbered.

To sum up just the pvp alone:
    They want OG cosmic, but they don't want to grind, but you can't take the grind away because then it's not OG, but then if you lessen the grind then they get enchants too easy BECAUSE they want less enchants, but they don't want EVERYONE to just easily get those enchants, so the grind can't change, but it has to.

If you limit allies you will have:
    1. 1 Dominating PvP faction for NA
    2. 1 Dominating PvP faction for AU
    3. 1 Dominating PvP faction for EU

And nobody will contest those because they will not be able to ally up to try to challenge them. You will have Large factions quite simply build for one time zone. Like on Lava.....

Rascals had their main ally, Smoked, on Map 7, that typically dominated EU because the vast majority of their PvP'ers were from the EU timezone

Add to that base factions would have 2 Factions - their Base Faction and their PvP Faction. The outcome would remain unchanged and PvP would be even less. (That's without touching on the Alt Factions needed to claim a buffer) so it would deter the building of ANY bases and would essentially undermine the raiding aspect of the game entirely.

11. Hallehhh

Hallehhh Active Member
    Orchid Tropico Slayer Guardian Basilisk -= Scorcher + =- Glacier Demonlord

IGN:
    WtfBro
    3 dominant pvp factions for different timezones sounds better to me then having one like us (Quack) on legacy that noone fights. I think on map 7 we (Schmoked) had decent comp.
    + why couldn't there be 3 pvp factions EU like for example on legacy i think it could have been maybe:
    Quack+Sosa
    Blurred+Corrupt
    Poontang+Moontang
    Evo+PvP
    Carnation+Someone.
    That would have been more competitive IMO.
    With the claims surely it's possible to make some sort of system where you are able to ally alt facs that have the claims on your base.

12. ypperin

Administrator

Planet:
    Jungle
    Stop and think about what you just said here..... Quack is NA - nobody fights you cause you're the dominant in numbers during NA times. Would you have more people to fight in my example? Maybe if you woke at up at 5am or went to bed at 3am.

Are you asking me to make limitations on WHO players can invite to their factions?

Quack + Sosa (Sosa being the faction who from the very start allied the entire map and then qq'd when everyone left while pvp'ing 30v18)

Here's something to chew on.... I understand you LOVE PvP, but there's a whole other side to factions.... raiding. So now you're saying Base factions can't have a full base because they only get one ally and that one ally can only be a pvp faction or a buffer faction?

So then you force people to choose:
    Do you want to Raid or PvP?

Cause if you want to do both you won't be able to compete for /f top cause your base won't be big enough.

• RIP RIP x 1
  13. IAmBoxTops

IAmBoxTops Member
    Mutant Tropico Scorcher -= Witcher + =- Archmage -= Pharoh + =- -= Guardian + =- Glacier Demonlord

IGN:
    IAmBoxTops
    Get Gewd or Go Home

14. ImHunterlRL

ImHunterlRL Helper
    Helper Mercenary Vine Pixie -= Scorcher + =- -= Glacier + =- Hatchling Glacier

IGN:
    ImHunterIRL
    Planet:
    Lava
    Faction:
    Reformed
    I agree, there is still competition between a couple factions but as everyone know no one wants to grind for something and the lack of participation is terrible between it. I believe map 2 will be a blast and can’t wait for it!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Sharings

Sharings Member

Faction:
    Potatos
    Good points overall, Any plan or ideas or is there even going to be a map 2? Is map 1 going to be short? What might change for map 2?

16. Sharings

Sharings Member

Faction:
    Potatos
    I guess since I didn't play any of the new planets, It felt like the old days of grinding sets and pvping. One thing I was shocked by was how much pvp changed! Nobody pvps without a large group just like ypperin stated! I guess people who played the new planets won't look at OG cosmic the samemmm

17. ypperin

Administrator

Planet:
    Jungle
    Not sure yet, but we are watching suggestions and such from you guys and of course looking at the overall progress and feel :)

18. superzombie

superzombie Well-Known Member
    Mist Knight Hydra Pilot Spectre Warlock Pyro Rosy Pharoh Amazon Apprentice -= Witcher + =- -= Guardian + =-

IGN:
    BigBadDropping
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Retired
    Senior Rob y Senior Preston es ded meme

19. Halfpole

Halfpole Member
    Mercenary Inferno Warlock Voidwalker Slayer Basilisk Bamboo -= Guardian + =- Engineer -= Archmage + =-

yeah, a lot of people suggested it, just most of them were like a year ago. also, if i recall correctly we were told that it wouldn't happen so a lot of the people that wanted it have actually quit

20. fun_dude7654

fun_dude7654 Member
    Orchid Warlock Pyro Shard Scribe Sandstormer Guardian Adventurer Beastslayer Fairy

Planet:
    forgott
    Faction:
    Illuminate
    T
    There was alot of hype towards it though, kinda died from the other reasons tho