Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Sharings, Apr 14, 2019.
fine then i'll come play...
This is what I mean lmao
I don't know... Maybe if Everyone wasn't allied to each other maybe it will be more fun
Perfect! Lets get Rob and Preston on legacy! They can open 3 of every cc's and new lootboxes! Then, We can add them a bedrock base so no one can raid them! Perfect!!!
That too, maybe a ally limit idk
Legacy was advertised heavily and had more than 1000 players in the hub on release. Players were upset they couldn't get on .... remember?
We did that with Apocalypse and the outcome was no different.
Look when talking Legacy here are the issues she faces:
1. Players want an OG planet but cannot agree on what IS OG
2. Players want the nostalgia of "OG" but forget what it was actually like back in the OG days
3. Players don't like to grind like they did in older days, days when even pvp factions had bases
4. PvP'ers don't like having to build bases to establish themselves in gear and don't understand many of the base defenses required
5. PvP'ers don't like having to grind for a set - even a starter set. The idea of hitting blazes is now foreign to them
6. PvP'ers don't like having to rely on base factions or help base factions to be able to partake in such things
7. There's far less events, so much of what "filled" their time on the normal planets doesn't exist here, like dungeons
8. Players are not willing to add to extra features because they don't want to change the economy but they also want to add new features because "they're bored"
9. Back in the old days you could p2w all the way, from mcMMO to Power and more. Players on Legacy are upset about a lootbox
10. This is just my top 10 I could go on
This is actually quite comical. If you're really OG you WILL remember the true OG factions, power factions and alliance webs like the UF, where 25% of Ice's physical map was claimed by a giant alliance web that didn't allow anyone to PvP. When we did staff events staff had to leave their factions cause nobody could kill them.
OG Factions was full of "Power facs" who absolutely dominated the map. People like OG Rascals, OG UF, just to name a couple. Your memory of OG Cosmic is very skewed my friend.
Not sure you even play, but we did that, on Nebula and HCF. It did nothing.
Well back in the OG days they actually typically were unraidable. Jungle map 2 they had a warzone around their base that made it so that if players walked in they were instantly frozen. They were still learning at them time.
What is your opinion on ally limits or something along those lines? I think that would have helped legacy alot.
1. Definitely NOT OG
2. PvP'ers right now will not PvP without a large group of alliances/truces
3. Wouldn't change the outcome they'd just party up w mcMMO or not play at all because they don't want to be outnumbered.
To sum up just the pvp alone:
They want OG cosmic, but they don't want to grind, but you can't take the grind away because then it's not OG, but then if you lessen the grind then they get enchants too easy BECAUSE they want less enchants, but they don't want EVERYONE to just easily get those enchants, so the grind can't change, but it has to.
If you limit allies you will have:
1. 1 Dominating PvP faction for NA
2. 1 Dominating PvP faction for AU
3. 1 Dominating PvP faction for EU
And nobody will contest those because they will not be able to ally up to try to challenge them. You will have Large factions quite simply build for one time zone. Like on Lava.....
Rascals had their main ally, Smoked, on Map 7, that typically dominated EU because the vast majority of their PvP'ers were from the EU timezone
Add to that base factions would have 2 Factions - their Base Faction and their PvP Faction. The outcome would remain unchanged and PvP would be even less. (That's without touching on the Alt Factions needed to claim a buffer) so it would deter the building of ANY bases and would essentially undermine the raiding aspect of the game entirely.
3 dominant pvp factions for different timezones sounds better to me then having one like us (Quack) on legacy that noone fights. I think on map 7 we (Schmoked) had decent comp.
+ why couldn't there be 3 pvp factions EU like for example on legacy i think it could have been maybe:
That would have been more competitive IMO.
With the claims surely it's possible to make some sort of system where you are able to ally alt facs that have the claims on your base.
Stop and think about what you just said here..... Quack is NA - nobody fights you cause you're the dominant in numbers during NA times. Would you have more people to fight in my example? Maybe if you woke at up at 5am or went to bed at 3am.
Are you asking me to make limitations on WHO players can invite to their factions?
Quack + Sosa (Sosa being the faction who from the very start allied the entire map and then qq'd when everyone left while pvp'ing 30v18)
Here's something to chew on.... I understand you LOVE PvP, but there's a whole other side to factions.... raiding. So now you're saying Base factions can't have a full base because they only get one ally and that one ally can only be a pvp faction or a buffer faction?
So then you force people to choose:
Do you want to Raid or PvP?
Cause if you want to do both you won't be able to compete for /f top cause your base won't be big enough.
Get Gewd or Go Home
I agree, there is still competition between a couple factions but as everyone know no one wants to grind for something and the lack of participation is terrible between it. I believe map 2 will be a blast and can’t wait for it!
Good points overall, Any plan or ideas or is there even going to be a map 2? Is map 1 going to be short? What might change for map 2?
I guess since I didn't play any of the new planets, It felt like the old days of grinding sets and pvping. One thing I was shocked by was how much pvp changed! Nobody pvps without a large group just like ypperin stated! I guess people who played the new planets won't look at OG cosmic the samemmm
Not sure yet, but we are watching suggestions and such from you guys and of course looking at the overall progress and feel
Senior Rob y Senior Preston es ded meme
yeah, a lot of people suggested it, just most of them were like a year ago. also, if i recall correctly we were told that it wouldn't happen so a lot of the people that wanted it have actually quit
There was alot of hype towards it though, kinda died from the other reasons tho