I'm Honestly Surprised

Discussion in 'General' started by CatflooOG, Nov 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CatflooOG

CatflooOG Member
    Scorcher Slayer Guardian Archmage Executioner Guard

IGN:
    CatflooOG
    Planet:
    Void
    Faction:
    Calamity
    For years, players have been telling me that cosmic only cares about money and not the player base. I have always defended them and I continued to until today. As we all know, cannonor gkit was made heroic last night, and the bow was given heroic teleportation. No big deal right? Wrong... I log on today and I do my gkits and start talking with my faction members. My leader goes to warp desert and goes afk to make some breakfast. Little did he know that the safe zone at warp desert, was not nearly safe. A faction by the name of GoodLuck used the new enchant to tp him out of the safe zone and into the warzone. He was killed in yijiki. I told him that it was fine and he would be able to get the set back once the admins realized the mistake. Hours go by of waiting in the teamspeak. Finally he gets moved in and before he can even get his thoughts together, they ask him. "Is this about the new tp enchant." My leader says yes and they say "Ok its fixed now bye." As I understand it, my leader was not the only player affected by this, but what I don't understand is how can a server create an enchant that can ruin the corse of a person's season in 15 seconds unfairly? Does cosmic not test the enchants before they release them? For the many players that had msged me about having the same problem, they have also not been compensated for the fault upon cosmics side. A player should be able to believe that they are safe with in a /warp safe plate form. They shouldn't have to be scared to tp there in the chance that they will be tped off the edge. I really didn't make this post to sound needy or demanding, but I had no other place to voice my opinion and the opinion of many other players. I care for the player base as well as what's right.

Here is a video of what happened if you guys are confused of what im talking about

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Toyy

Toyy Member
    Hero Guardian FlowerKing

IGN:
    Toy_
    Planet:
    SOSA
    Faction:
    Spook
    Happened to one of my faction members too. Got tp'd out in full supreme with a gaurdian rank on him.

3. CatflooOG

CatflooOG Member
    Scorcher Slayer Guardian Archmage Executioner Guard

IGN:
    CatflooOG
    Planet:
    Void
    Faction:
    Calamity
    Its ridiculous. I didn't know where else to voice my opinion so I put it here. Its probs gonna get locked but atleast some people will understand my point of view

4. jroll506

jroll506 Well-Known Member
    Mist Pleb Vanguard Vine Spectre Guardian Apprentice -= Scorcher + =- -= DemonLord + =- -= Hero + =- -= FlowerKing + =- Fantasy Dragon Cosmonaut

IGN:
    JRollDaddy
    Planet:
    Dream <3
    Faction:
    WeDemBoyz
    Submit ban report

5. Nyanasaur

Nyanasaur Member
    -= Scorcher + =- Demonlord

IGN:
    Nyanasaur
    Planet:
    Demon
    Faction:
    Mythic
    I mean, here's my opinion...
    Yes, a little bit more testing could have been done. Yes, this isn't a good thing. But people have been complaining about non-heroic cannoner for MONTHS now, and none more than this week. So Cosmic had 3 choices: Release it w/o heroic teleportation, release it with a broken enchant, or not release it and feel the wrath of more players every day. They lose no matter what.
    And in terms of the gear he was in, Cosmic can't do anything about that. There is no proof he was in good gear (and actually in the video the guy was in gkit gear, so if you're trying to pass that off as the gear he was in try again). People are gonna die, claim that they were in good gear, and ***** that they didn't get this gear back.

6. XxNinjaGhostxX

Fiend Ember

IGN:
    HotTeachers
    Planet:
    Lava
    mad. over. pixls.

7. theMAxRoX32

theMAxRoX32 Member
    Tropico Vault-Tec Wizard Spectre Scorcher Acolyte Beastslayer Basilisk -= Guardian + =-

IGN:
    xMarmite
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Goons
    Actually, the person in the video is the one who posted this thread. It was a demonstration, the person in yijki didn't record. Also, pretty sure admins can check logs etc. to see what gear they had (item IDs might be able to do that?).

About the broken enchant part:
    With every new heroic gkit / new kit, vkit etc., the aim is to improve the experience... and to make money. As we've seen with things like mkit and arena champion, the only way to ensure that people spend money to get these things is to introduce some new mechanic which changes pvp pretty drastically. In this case, heroic cannoner does it very well:
    -chance for godly overload on chestplate
    -Bow can be ranger bow
    -Boots:
    - new ghost, which is pretty good
    - chance for infinite luck, which is pretty OP
    - new rocket escape, which is probably one of the best enchants in the game rn (pvp under any warp and you can get launched + fly back), it goes very far as well (tested it and lvl 3 went 123(!) meters

8. Majorblake

Majorblake Moderator
    Moderator <= Beta Tester => Orchid King Knight Tropico Scorcher -= Guardian + =- Hatchling Ghoul Citizen

IGN:
    Majorblake
    Planet:
    Spirit
    The fix was queued as soon as the bug was reported (over 12 hours ago now), that video was posted as a ban report, and action was taken. If you have a recording of another player abusing a bug, then post a ban report here: https://forum.cosmicpvp.com/forums/i-am-reporting-a-player-for.156/

As far as your/your friends set is concerned, as @Nyanasaur said, it would be massively difficult to confirm that a player didnt simply jump down from a warp and then get killed. If you find another bug, please make a bug report here: https://forum.cosmicpvp.com/support-tickets/open.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.