Balance Patch

Discussion in 'General' started by ExYZed, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExYZed

ExYZed New Member

IGN:
    ExYZed
    This is just some thoughts on the current state of raiding on cosmic. To start off lets compare the build time of a cannon. Due to cosmic banning printer cannons take an awfully long amount of time to build, and due to the piston limit, semi autoing has been limited. Its not impossible but holding many shots requires a cancerous sandcomp. The defences on cosmic allow check boxes and regen defences as we all know. I would say its fair to allow check boxes only if there were no regens as this would allow for people to go through a buffer much faster, but then people will be able to check much easier, or just afk the check box. Another alternative would be to scrap check boxes and keep the current method of raiding. Not to mention most players have ./near which helps negate raiding. Also whats with the bullshit that people can make defences outside their base during a raid. If you are going to do it like that you may as well let people have 30 chunks buffers. The bases are also are also obnoxiously big. If someone has a 30x30 base, and a full buffer, It can just be considered a 50 chunk buffer as the core will most likely be on the very end.

The only reason cosmic has not died regarding raiding is due to midairs, however most people don't have access to these special types of cannons or they don't know how to use them. It seems as if cosmic is full of base bitches who make a base and never get raided due to the inbalance between cannons and bases. I believe the majority of the community just resort to pvping and getting better gear. I think it will be in cosmic's benefit to keep players engaged, as of now most the players are either afk alts or people pvping.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. ImFireBall

ImFireBall Cosmic Client v2.0 Beta Tester
    <= Beta Tester => Paladin Nomad Traveler Pleb Pirate Pharoh -= Witcher + =- Archmage -= Tropico + =- -= Dragon + =- -= FlowerKing + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- Fairy Executioner Glacier Captain Demonlord Cosmonaut

IGN:
    ImFireBall
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    I would like to see an update around raiding / based

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ulol60

ulol60 Active Member
    Pixie -= DemonLord + =- -= Fantasy + =- -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    Ulol60
    Planet:
    Dream
    Faction:
    WeDemboyzz
    You can bypass checkbox. It takes 5min to build a cannon even the biggest sizes just get a crew that actully willing to help you build it. Bases are now max of 15x15 Size. Piston limit sucks.

4. Medival

Medival Member
    Mist Pyro Beastslayer -= FlowerKing + =- -= Hero + =- Freezer

IGN:
    Plxylist
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    epaR
    I think making cannoning more efficient/faster would be better, however I haven’t thought too much about this

5. Miscarried

Miscarried Member
    Tropico Scorcher Guardian Archmage -= Scorcher + =- Executioner Glacier

IGN:
    Miscarried
    Faction:
    Evo
    Base limits are stupid. I personally am against having a check box on my base but if another faction is willing to put their faith in a check box let them at it. Banning regens is completely delusional.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Toyy

Toyy Member
    Pyro Hero -= Guardian + =- FlowerKing Freezer

IGN:
    Toy_
    Planet:
    Spirit
    Faction:
    Capitalism
    Removing regens is never going to happen because that's what made cosmic unique to all those other comp servers. I think checkboxes should be removed its complete BS that people can check 1 lamp at intervals of less than 10 min and be positive they aren't being raided. The only way to actually raid anyone "good" is to either midair them or midair them there's no in between unless they have an off time which any "good" faction wouldn't. There was a step forward with the stripped claims outside your buffer but raiding versus defending is still way too imbalanced.

Not even 20min ago I was raiding and 1 guy was able to stop a cannon that 15 people were sand stacking because you can't shoot fast enough to go through it by the time he was finished patching his fking buffer. It's bullshit raiding is bullshit. I don't want to midair people I want to have fun with my faction.

7. TakeMyL

TakeMyL Member
    Paladin Vanguard Bamboo -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- Glacier

IGN:
    imurs
    Planet:
    Dungeon
    Faction:
    Ravens
    Remove checkboxes!

8. Donwee8

Donwee8 Well-Known Member
    Survivor Sprite Tropico Apprentice Dragon

IGN:
    donwee88
    They can’t just remove regents chief. They would have to wait for a reset to implement that rule

9. DragonSlayer0825

DragonSlayer0825 Moderator
    Moderator <= Beta Tester => Vanguard Shipwrecked Sandstormer Scorcher -= Tropico + =- -= Executioner + =- -= Captain + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- Engineer FlowerKing -= Archmage + =- Guard Glacier General Dragon Demonlord

IGN:
    DragonSlayer0825
    Planet:
    Hub 11
    Faction:
    Lemons
    I wouldn't say checkboxes are the issue. What I would like to see maybe played with would be Redstone checkboxes.

There is a reason why most servers without regens are dead even on cosmic with sand/piston and tnt limits you could raid a base without regens in 5 minutes. With that line of thought, autos are also a no go.

The thing about cannoning you have to realize is what is going to best for a server is not going to always be best for the cannoner. It is better to cater toward the defender of a base than the person trying to raid it because, in the end, it means your planet will be more active as they have less of a chance of being successfully raided and I think we can all agree we like to have an active planet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. IlluminatiFish

IlluminatiFish Well-Known Member
    Mist Journeyman Phantom Amazon -= Hero + =- Ember Captain

IGN:
    IlluminatiFish
    Planet:
    Pirate
    Faction:
    FBI / Odin
    remove blocks! we don't need them

11. ulol60

ulol60 Active Member
    Pixie -= DemonLord + =- -= Fantasy + =- -= Scorcher + =-

IGN:
    Ulol60
    Planet:
    Dream
    Faction:
    WeDemboyzz
    You are against it but u still have it tho... U are one of the leaders of your faction you really got no voting powers aginst Ypperin and Excluded?

12. ducky100189

ducky100189 Active Member
    Nightmare Mage Squire Vault-Tec Hero Scorcher -= Witcher + =- -= Tropico + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- FlowerKing Glacier Dragon Demonlord Cosmonaut Heartless

IGN:
    Indecisiveducky
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    He was talking about semi auto's not auto cannoning.

13. Meekballa06

Meekballa06 Member

IGN:
    Meekballer96
    ya gl with raiding a base in 5 minutes, ull cause a reboot that last 10 minutes if ur going that fast oof

piston limit/sand falling is the main thing that is holding back raiding on cosmic. Having sand fallin constantly will cause a server reboot withing 2 minutes of firing.

It should be a challenge to raid bases on cosmic so there really is no need for crazy massive changes, just possibly enhance server performance so we dont have to deal with reboots

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DragonSlayer0825

Moderator <= Beta Tester => Vanguard Shipwrecked Sandstormer Scorcher -= Tropico + =- -= Executioner + =- -= Captain + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Hero + =- -= Guardian + =- Engineer FlowerKing -= Archmage + =- Guard Glacier General Dragon Demonlord

IGN:
    DragonSlayer0825
    Planet:
    Hub 11
    Faction:
    Lemons
    Was just talking in general terms there not addressing his post specifically.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. ducky100189

Nightmare Mage Squire Vault-Tec Hero Scorcher -= Witcher + =- -= Tropico + =- -= Scorcher + =- -= Guardian + =- -= Glacier + =- FlowerKing Glacier Dragon Demonlord Cosmonaut Heartless

IGN:
    Indecisiveducky
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    Yes sir.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Meekballa06

Meekballa06 Member

IGN:
    Meekballer96
    WOAH!!!!

17. ducky100189

IGN:
    Indecisiveducky
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    Hello young sir

18. DragonSlayer0825

IGN:
    DragonSlayer0825
    Planet:
    Hub 11
    Faction:
    Lemons
    As I said 5 minutes is if there were no regens. Never had a server reboot because of my sand falling @ducky100189 have you?

19. Meekballa06

Meekballa06 Member

IGN:
    Meekballer96
    And as i said, it would not be 5 minutes it would be a good ole 30 minutes because ur firing to fast and ur gonna cause a reboot

ive had small ass sand comps doing that stuff, no not my cannon, so dont call me doo doo:)

20. ducky100189

IGN:
    Indecisiveducky
    Planet:
    Ice
    Faction:
    Conquer
    Personally I never actually messed with any of my bigger sand comps on the live server, they are just stupidly big and im too lazy to make it. Lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.